If your solar garden lights not working, find out how to fix them. It seems that the lower priced ones seem to quit working long before the more expensive ones. The main cause of a solar garden light not working may be a few things. Here are some things to check out.
- The first thing you should check is to see if the light has been damaged in any way or knocked over. They do need to be upright so that they can have access to the sun.
- The next thing to check is the battery. Your solar light has a battery. The size and make of the battery will be determined by the type of battery that is inside the solar light you have. There are many different sizes that are in them.
- To change the battery, you will need a small sized Phillips screwdriver, as the screws will most likely be very small. You will need to make sure you use a Ni-Cad battery. They do cost a little more but will last much longer than any other type of battery. This type is rechargeable and will save you money in the long run.
- If you find that the battery is not the reason your solar light is not working, then you should check out the the terminal connection. Be sure to take out the battery when you do this.
- Next, take a piece of aluminum foil, and fold it up and place it next to either or both terminals on your solar light. Then, replace the battery and your solar light should be working again.
Finding Replacement Batteries for Solar Lights
You should not have any trouble finding batteries for your solar garden lights. The most likely places to find them would be at an electronic store or in the battery section of other stores. You can use any brand that is the same size, but if possible, use rechargeable ones if you have a battery charger as it will save you money and you will not have to buy new ones as often. Most batteries will last from 1 to 2 years.